Monday, July 21, 2014

Easy Chicken and Dumplings - Crock Pot Recipe

I am big into comfort food. Once I got my crock pot, I knew it was the beginning of a fun friendship...

Mine is only 3 qt crock pot and this dish fits pretty well in it. However, it would probably be best in a 5 qt one. I introduce to you my eazy-peezy chicken and dumplings!



Ingredients
2-3 chicken breasts (1 lb chicken), cut into bite-sized pieces
1 can cream of mushroom soup
2 tsp chicken bouillon seasoning
1 bay leaf
1-2 carrots, chopped or about 1/4 bag of baby carrots
1/2 cup potatoes (I use about 3-4 mini potatoes)
1 small onion, chopped
2 celery stalks (optional)
1 10-ounce package of refrigerated biscuits (cut into smaller bite-sized pieces)

Place the carrots, potatoes, and onion in the bottom of the slow cooker. I use a 3-qt slow-cooker and it works just fine.

I cut the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces. Make sure to use separate cutting boards for your meats and vegetables to avoid cross-contamination! Put the chicken on top and pour the cream of mushroom can with the one can of water. I also add and mix in the chicken bouillon powder. The bay leaf can be stacked on top.

Cook on low for 6-8 hours. About 20-30 minutes before serving, place the uncooked biscuit pieces in the slow cooker and let it cook.

You'll have some tasty and yummy chicken n' dumplings. Pair with a nice comforting movie and you got yourself an awesome night.

No comments:

Post a Comment